*Working from real life case studies, we will review: *
- What is Data Science?
- How is it used?
- Key tools and processes data scientists use.
- How to get started in Data Science.
- Learn what data scientists do and the types of problems they solve.
- Walk through the typical data science workflow and see how the pros identify powerful business predictions.
- Explore key tools and processes data scientists use to analyze, visualize, and model data.
- Apply what you've learned to a data set to produce your own recommendations.
*Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set in our Data Science Immersive or Data Science part-time programs. *
- A second monitor is recommended, but not required.
Additionally, students will need to download and install Anaconda (the latest Python Version 3.x): Download link here.
YouTube for installing on Mac: How to install Anaconda on Mac
YouTube for installing on Windows: How to install Anaconda on Windows
Tip: Scroll to your operating system version and click on the install button for Anaconda with the latest version Python 3.x. Note: We'll be using the latest version of Python version 3.x in this workshop.
- For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).